Job type: Permanent, full-time
Posted: 7 months ago
This role’s primary focus is to source potential new clients of the Glenigan platform. Working with our marketing team you will need to identify new business opportunities within the construction sector to book meetings for the business development managers. This will include; re-engaging lapsed clients, self-sourcing new customers, cold calling and networking through LinkedIn, this role is predominately office/home-based, with some attendance at industry exhibitions. Working closely with the business development managers to ensure a high conversion rate of meetings to sales.
We invest in our sales team to help them be as effective as possible and pride ourselves on sales training and development. Our training programme is designed to ensure you are equipped to succeed with many of our new starters earning sales bonus as early as 8 weeks into their Glenigan career working on a short sales cycle.
If you’re interested, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
- Exceeding monthly meetings target – ensuring maximum possible delivery against targets through the generation of new client meetings
- Speaking to relevant B2B decision makers to discuss their potential needs and how the Glenigan service would be beneficial to them
- Understanding the Glenigan system to its full potential and identifying how this will be an essential tool to the customer’s business
- Combining excellent industry and product knowledge, with drive and a flair for strong relationship building on the telephone at all levels
- Exceeding the Glenigan sales standards around behaviours and productivity, including call volumes, call times and meetings. As well as regularly maintaining accurate records of sales process activity in Salesforce and reporting as required
- Attend field events to find and develop qualified leads
- Key metrics: Phone activity, number of meetings booked, number of meetings sat and conversion % of meeting to sale
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
Personal & general attributes
- You will be a motivated, dynamic and self-driven individual who is confident and professional in approach
- Resilience, flexibility and a willingness to undertake varied responsibilities working alone or as part of a team
- A professional, confident and flexible approach to working with people
- Ability to maintain composure in high-pressure situations
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and to be able to hold accountability and deliver a wide range of tasks
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude and excellent work ethic
Skills, experience & qualifications required
- Excellent organisational, written and oral communication skills and the ability and confidence to identify new business
- Excellent MS Office skills are essential
- Previous B2B experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Experience of working within the construction industry would be an advantage
- An understanding of Salesforce or a similar CRM system would be beneficial
- Strong objection handling skills
We deliver the most accurate and comprehensive construction sales leads in the UK. We combine this with business analysis and forecasting, enabling businesses to make sales, win contracts and plan for future growth.
Joining us means joining an ambitious and determined team with a proven track record of year on year double digit growth, where innovative thinking is encouraged and results are generously rewarded.
Glenigan is a part of the Byggfakta Group. Byggfakta Group is the leading digital platform to maximise sales in the European construction ecosystem.
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Your Birthday off as a free day’s holiday
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Employee assistance programme including wellness and medical support
- Income protection and critical illness cover
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme