Job type: Maternity cover, full-time
Posted: 2 weeks ago
The role of Software Quality Assurance Tester within Glenigan is essential to the correct roll-out of our core Glenigan product. The entire Glenigan business is built around the Glenigan product. The Tester will ensure that appropriate testing methodologies are put in place by all external vendors working on the software. They will ensure all functionality has been tested prior to release to live.
They will be hands on, understanding the product, and contributing to the implementation of new functionality. They will oversee all testing activities, and ensure internal user acceptance testing is carried out.
If you’re interested, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Testing of web applications, APIs and Native Mobile applications
- Conduct testing at all stages and levels (system, integration, regression and performance)
- Analysis of stakeholder requirements and use cases
- Managing user acceptance testing processes
- Collaborate closely with other team members and departments
- Creation and running automated tests when needed
- Identification and tracking of defects to resolution
- Preparation of test reports for senior management
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
Personal & general attributes
- You will be a motivated, dynamic and self-driven individual who is confident and professional in approach
- Resilience, flexibility and a willingness to undertake varied responsibilities working alone or as part of a team
- Tenacious and ambitious with a desire to succeed
- A professional, confident and flexible approach to working with people
- Ability to maintain composure in high-pressure situations
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and to be able to hold accountability and deliver a wide range of tasks
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude and excellent work ethic
Skills, experience & qualifications required
Essential Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience within testing roles
- Experience of testing Web, API and Mobile applications
- Exposure and use of test automation frameworks
- Ability to interrogate databases and manipulate data
- Test data creation for relevant test cases
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience of cloud-based environments and tools (preferably AWS)
- Experience of .Net applications testing
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration tools
Essential Soft skills:
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple streams of work
- Stakeholder management
- Positive & enthusiastic attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Continuously looking to improve the quality process
We deliver the most accurate and comprehensive construction sales leads in the UK. We combine this with business analysis and forecasting, enabling businesses to make sales, win contracts and plan for future growth.
Joining us means joining an ambitious and determined team with a proven track record of year-on-year double digit growth, where innovative thinking is encouraged and results are generously rewarded.
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing. We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing.