Job type: Permanent, full-time
Posted: 3 weeks ago
We’re looking for a highly-motivated GIS Analyst to join our Content & Research team based in Bournemouth, working on a hybrid basis, attending the office two days a week. We offer extensive training and clear career progression for successful individuals.
If you’re interested, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The role will be ever evolving with day to day duties including:
- Maintaining geospatial data
- Maintaining and creating polygons
- Extracting and collating data from polygon layers
- Extracting data/content from multiple databases
- Manipulating data/producing reports and dashboards to help team members make better informed decisions
- Collating and analysing statistical information
- Defining and analysing trends to aid key strategic decisions
- Providing ad hoc analysis for research projects directly to clients
- Checking and providing feedback on your colleagues work
- Supporting Economists, Researchers and any other areas of the business who may require data
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
Personal & general attributes
The ideal candidate will be:
- Detail oriented but can also relate data to a wider context
- Sharp and self-starting. You make things happen, even when data isn’t perfect
- A natural and clear communicator
- Good co-ordinator – able to manage multiple relationships and bring projects to successful conclusion
- Willing to learn and adapt, this role will be ever evolving and will present the successful candidate with opportunity to grow with the role
- You will be a motivated, dynamic and self-driven individual who is confident and professional in approach
- Resilience, flexibility and a willingness to undertake varied responsibilities working alone or as part of a team
- Tenacious and ambitious with a desire to succeed
- A professional, confident and flexible approach to working with people
- Ability to maintain composure in high-pressure situations
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and to be able to hold accountability and deliver a wide range of tasks
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude and excellent work ethic
Skills, experience & qualifications required
The ideal candidate will possess:
- High level of competency with geospatial data (including polygons, geocodes)
- A good degree in an appropriate subject (E.g. Geography or Environmental Science)
- Experience in advanced data analytics and visualisation
- Advanced data creation and spatial data management skill
- High level of competency with Excel spreadsheets
- Experience with working with Geospatial software such as ESRI, QGIS etc
- Experience working with reporting software, building dashboards with tools and presenting data
We deliver the most accurate and comprehensive construction sales leads in the UK. We combine this with business analysis and forecasting, enabling businesses to make sales, win contracts and plan for future growth.
Joining us means joining an ambitious and determined team with a proven track record of year-on-year double digit growth, where innovative thinking is encouraged and results are generously rewarded.
Glenigan is a part of the Byggfakta Group. Byggfakta Group is the leading digital platform to maximise sales in the European construction ecosystem.
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Your Birthday off as a free day’s holiday
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Life assurance and income protection
- Volunteering opportunities
- Annual & season ticket loans
- Flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work etc.