Job type: Permanent, full-time
Posted: 7 months ago
We’re looking for a highly motivated Business Development Manager to join our sales team on a hybrid basis; with a combination of home and office-based working.
We offer extensive sales training and clear career progression for successful individuals. Our training programme is designed to ensure you are equipped to succeed with many of our new starters earning commission as early as 8 weeks into their Glenigan career working on a short sales cycle.
If you’re interested, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
- Exceeding quarterly and annual sales targets – ensuring maximum possible delivery against sales targets through the generation of new business
- Speaking to relevant B2B decision makers to discuss their potential needs and how the Glenigan service would be beneficial to them
- Demonstrating the system to its full potential and identifying how this will be an essential tool to the customer’s business
- Combining excellent industry and product knowledge, with drive and a flair for strong relationship building on the telephone at all levels
- Developing a strong pipeline of business providing three times cover of the quarterly sales target
- Preparing, presenting and negotiating business proposals to clients
- Closing of sales over the phone or by booking further appointments with the decision makers for onsite meetings
- Exceeding the Glenigan sales standards around behaviours and productivity, including call volumes, meetings, quotes and average order value. As well as regularly maintaining accurate records of sales process activity in SalesForce and reporting as required
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
Personal & general attributes
- You will be a motivated, dynamic and self-driven individual who is confident and professional in approach
- Resilience, flexibility and a willingness to undertake varied responsibilities working alone or as part of a team
- Tenacious and ambitious with a desire to succeed
- A professional, confident and flexible approach to working with people
- Ability to maintain composure in high-pressure situations
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and to be able to hold accountability and deliver a wide range of tasks
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude and excellent work ethic
Skills, experience & qualifications required
- Excellent organisational, written and oral communication skills and the ability and confidence to identify and win new business
- Excellent MS Office skills are essential
- Previous 2-5 years B2B sales experience
- Experience of working within the Construction Industry would be an advantage
- An understanding of Salesforce or a similar CRM system would be beneficial
- Strong negotiation, closing and objection handling skills
We deliver the most accurate and comprehensive construction sales leads in the UK. We combine this with business analysis and forecasting, enabling businesses to make sales, win contracts and plan for future growth.
Joining us means joining an ambitious and determined team with a proven track record of year on year double-digit growth, where innovative thinking is encouraged and results are generously rewarded.
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Your Birthday off as a free day’s holiday
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Employee assistance programme including wellness and medical support
- Income protection and critical illness cover
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme